Designing better experience in visiting doctors
Service design / UX design
Uvita is a mobile-first digital health platform for people that care about their overall health and well-being. It's goal is to allows everyone to take control of their medical records and fitness tracking data in order to easily share it with doctors. I was assigned to design prototype for one of its function: finding right doctor and book in ease
Those are the problem scenarios that I was assigned to solve.
As this task had to be done within a day, I did user analysis via Google hangout. I talked to 3 people in the target group. Below is the senario that I observed and user journey that I created based based on the research conducted.
From the research, I identified two pain points.
1. Lack of information relates to doctors
2. Inflexibility and time consuming clinic experience.
To address those two pain points, I created two personas
- Simple filter under the search box for easy filtering
- Pop up search box for more comprehensive suggestions
- Recently visited / near by option for quick search
Pop up search box
- Search by condition or search by specialist
- Swich between two by click on icons
- Suggestion as type
- Popular terms suggestions
- History suggestions
- Simple filter displayed under the search bar to modify the search.
- Option to add more filters
- Sort by recently visited/ rating/ distance/ # of available spot
- Search clinics or doctors
Doctor/ Clinic page
- Detailed information about clinic/ doctor
- a to doctor profile or clinic profile
- Rating and review available to be read
- Check availability feature for booking considerations
- Slot view or calendar view
- Easy select available spot to book
- Simple 5 steps
- Payment confirmation in advance for easy payment
- Change as confirm on confirmation page
Add to calendar flow
- Simple 3 steps
- When confirming booking Click add to calendar
- Allow access then schedule and map, notification added to calendar.